Established in Randwick in 1987, Randwick Bloodstock is now based in Australia’s premier thoroughbred breeding precinct the Hunter Valley. The agency’s principals Brett & Rachael Howard have spent all their working lives within the industry.
Randwick Bloodstock is a full service agency with clients and affiliations worldwide. Their expertise is currently utilised by many of Australia’s most successful stud farms, racehorse owners, trainers and breeders.
Our services include:
- Private sales of racing and breeding stock
- Auction sales representation regarding the purchase of stock
- Auction sales consignment
- Bloodstock management – portfolio and/or individual horse management
- Broodmare mating advice
- Stallion booking service
Apart from the bloodstock agency Brett and Rachael also operate Glenesk Thoroughbreds, a 65 acre broodmare farm where they reside with their sons Henry, Freddie and Archie.
Should you be looking for professional and independent guidance with your thoroughbred breeding or racing portfolio, or you are someone who is new to the industry, please feel free to contact Brett for an obligation free discussion on how we may be able to assist.
- July 1987: Randwick Bloodstock Agency commences operations in Alison Road, Randwick, Sydney. From it’s inception the agency is run by Brett Howard.
- January 1996: Rachael Theaker arrives from England and is employed by the Agency. Prior to her arrival in Australia, Rachael had spent the previous three years in London working for respected agent Luke Lillingston.
- February 2000: Brett commences full time employment with Coolmore Stud in Sales and Nominations.
- March 2000: Brett and Rachael marry. In the same month, the agency relocates to Coolmore Stud. During the period March 2000 to September 2006, the company remains active under Rachael’s guidance.
- October 2006: Brett returns to the Agency full time. The Agency relocates to a 50 acre property at Quorrobolong in the lower Hunter Valley, NSW.
- October 2008: Randwick Bloodstock integrates their Quorrobolong property into the Agency’s operations.
- May 2015: Randwick Bloodstock brands it’s agistment and auction sales consignment business Glenesk Thoroughbreds.
- March 2016: Randwick Bloodstock and Glenesk Thoroughbreds relocate 10kms away to a new 65 acre property at Mount Vincent.
- January 2017. Randwick Bloodstock Agency becomes a founding member of the new online sales platform ‘Bloodstock Central’ in collaboration with 5 other leading bloodstock agencies in Australasia.
Today Randwick Bloodstock is one of Australia’s leading agencies. We are a full service bloodstock agency, however, we are most active in the area of private sales of breeding stock. Our services are used by many of Australia’s foremost and successful racehorse trainers, breeders and owners.
We are very proud of the results achieved for our many and varied clients. To view a list of some of these successes please click here.
We have bought horses from and sold horses to many countries including the USA, Canada, England, Ireland, France, Italy, China, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina, Chile, Singapore, Malaysia, Macau, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, United Arabs Emirate (UAE), Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, etc, etc.
- To provide a fast, effective method of bringing buyer and seller together.
- To provide our clients with the best possible service available for all their bloodstock transactions.
- To offer obligation free and unbiased advice and do our best to understand the needs and wants of our clients.
- To establish a long lasting relationship with all our clients, buyers and sellers alike.
- To conduct business in an ethical and integral manner.
Our office is situated on our farm at Mount Vincent in the lower Hunter Valley. We are approximately 15 minutes south-east of Cessnock and 1.5 hours drive north of the Sydney CBD. Most of Australia’s major thoroughbred stud farms are within 1-2 hours proximity. For directions to our office and farm please click here.
Members of the Federation of Bloodstock Agents Australia Ltd. To find out more about the Federation please click here.
Comments are closed.